Wednesday, May 19, 2010

fingers crossed

On Friday, I am slated to sign a lease for a new, considerably less expensive apartment that will allow me some breathing room and relax somewhat regarding my finances. It will also give me a psychological release from this physical albatross in which I called home for so long. Imagine coming home to an apartment that you despise for years, hating it so much that you allow it to fall into complete and utter squalor. That is one physical manifestation of my psychological state, and it is exciting to know that within two weeks, I will be freed from some of the stress I kept deadbolted to my psyche.

Now if only I could motivate myself to pack or clean. Instead, I am nursing a beer and watching digitally recorded daytime programming on my television. Ah, baby steps, dear girl, baby steps.