Monday, October 26, 2009

and i'm back

I've been thinking a lot about the concept of degradation. There are different forms and layers - from being called "slut" to having someone take a shit on your face to being collared and leashed and led around town like someone's pet. The latter two do not appeal to me at all, and being referred to as a "slut" is no big deal considering I refer to myself as such.

In a recent online chat, someone asked me how I felt about the movie "Requiem for a Dream."
"You mean the 'ass to ass' scene?" I replied. "I'm not putting on a donkey sex show, if that's what you're asking. But I do admit to a secret thrill."
"No, that she has the sex for drugs. And the scene after, where she curls up at home on the couch with a small, pleased smile."
"Oh, that. Yes, I totally understand and can relate. There are many things I've done that during the act, I felt absolutely debased but when I was home, safe in my own comfort zone, I felt such satisfaction doing something that most other people would condemn."
"I don't even want to know."